Wednesday 17 November 2010

‘Unstoppable’ and ‘Stigmatised’

Inspired by the songs ‘Unstoppable’  ‘Stigmatised’ (THE CALLING)
------------------------------------------------------


Holmes and Watson had been back from a concert for the past hour now; Watson was sat on the sofa with a glass of red wine and smoking his pipe.

Holmes would normally have been playing on his violin, but there was something different about this night, there was a slight chill in the air, even though the fire had been blazing well before they had returned.

Holmes was sat on the rug as close to the fire as he could get without burning himself, rubbing his hands together furiously as he tried to warm them. He had been doing this on and off for the past forty minutes and Watson had also noticed Holmes was shivering.

“Holmes. Are you feeling alright? You are shaking like a leaf”

Holmes did not answer; he just brought up his knees to his chest and embraced them. Watson took the hint to leave him alone and got up to poor himself some more wine.

“Holmes would you like some more before I drink it all?”

This time Holmes unravelled himself and stretched out his long limbs, placed his hands under his head and closed his eyes.

“Yes please Watson I would love some. Thank you”

Slightly shocked at Holmes’s words, Watson poured them both some more wine. When Watson approached, being very careful not to spill any of the delicious liquid, Holmes quickly and skilfully had stood up and sat on the sofa.

“Oh Watson thank you so much. I really do not know how you put up with me sometimes I really don’t”

Holmes's lips gave a small smile as he spoke and Watson’s gave a full one in return.

“It is ok my dear fellow, that is what friends are for”

Watson passed over Holmes his glass and they both sat back with a sigh of relaxation, Holmes had put his legs up on his chair and Watson had put one leg crossed on the other.

“Holmes. Are you feeling warmer now?”

“Yes thank you, Watson I am sorry you know”

Watson had turned slightly to face Holmes, placed his free hand on Holmes's shoulder, but before he could say anything Holmes had started shivering again and that made him stand up abruptly.

“Holmes what is the matter with you tonight, you are not in one of your usual black moods, but there is obviously something wrong that you are not telling me about.”

Holmes looked at Watson and just shook his head.

“Oh my dear man you are so good to me. You seem to find it so easy to show exactly what you are feeling where I cannot”

Then Holmes turned and departed to his bedroom, but when he had got inside he did not close the door and Watson took this as an indication to join him. At the door way Watson saw Holmes sat on the edge of the bed, with his head hanging low and his drink grasped in both hands between his knees. Watson ventured deeper into the room and decided that it would be a good idea to close the door behind him.

“Holmes?”

Holmes looked up and patted the space next to him on the bed, to encourage Watson to sit beside him.

“Come Watson and sit on my bed, sit and drink your wine.

Watson looked at Holmes with a slight hesitation and decided to do as he had asked.

“Holmes are you going to tell me what is bothering you now?”   

With a big sigh Holmes tuned to face Watson.

“Alright Watson”

Then he looked away again, put down his wine and while he slightly chewed his bottom lip he did just that.

“Watson if you could get inside my head, then you could understand. You would understand why I have been so alone and why I keep myself from love.”

He stood up and turned to face the door and under his breath he mumbled.

“Do you know you have become my favourite drug?”

Then he turned, without even a second thought and followed the rush of emotion that flooded into his heart.

“Oh Watson please let me take you right now and swallow you down, oh how I need you inside me.”

He had nearly burst into tears, then started to pace back and forward in front of Watson. 

“If we could only have this night together Watson, If we could only have this moment to ourselves and if we had this night together, then we could be unstoppable.”

Again he started to pace and shake his head, while Watson just sat there and tried to take in every word.

“Do you think that this is right, or is it really wrong?”

Watson had decided to stand up and tried to get Holmes to calm down, but when he grabbed his arm Holmes in return also grabbed Watson’s.

“Watson I know that this is what we have been wanting and all these feelings are burning in my soul, they fill me up and reach my heart and it feels as if it is breaking.”

Watson tried to pull away, but in the heat of the moment he found he was lost and without any thought he slapped Holmes around the face. Then he freed his arm from Holmes’s grip and walked to the window, while Holmes was stood in shock.

“Holmes it seems to me your emotions are wild, you need to learn how to control and not just hide them. Now we can both learn to control them and you need to see Holmes that it is what we have to do.”

Holmes lifted his head and stared right at Watson.

“Love is what has kept us together and I do really need love Watson I really do. I know I do not show it, but it is so true Watson ever so true. In my dreams you are there with me, holding me, telling me it will be alright, but when I wake up without you, I feel so alone. I have always thought I would never need love, not any kind, so now I am giving up and determined to find a way to wrap you and love in my arms.”

Watson rushed towards Holmes without even thinking.

“Oh Holmes I know If I give up on wanting you then I might as well give up altogether. Oh my dear fellow I know If we keep on fighting what we know is true, we may never be happy?”

He grabbed Holmes in a full embrace before he pulled away just as quick.

“Even God himself in that belief I once knew would never hold me back, Holmes he would never keep me away from you not when our LOVE is so true!”

Holmes retreated to the door and shook his head in disbelief.

“Oh Watson please do not mock me, do not tease me with these words then only to leave me.  Please forget me or take me as I am, I just want to be happy and I do not mind if it means we have to live our lives stigmatized”


Again Watson had rushed over and embraced Holmes without any proper thought.

“Oh Holmes do you know how you make the blood rush though my veins? With every word you say, oh how it drives me wild. Every hour in every day and every night I sit alone and pray, I pray that I can forget this love I feel and yet I pray you feel it too!”

This time they had stayed in the embrace for at least ten minutes before one of them spoke again.



“Watson we have lived our lives on different lines, but we still stay together you and I, we do, so let us just live our lives stigmatized”


Watson brought Holmes in even closer into his arms.


“Yes Holmes we will live our lives, We will take the punches everyday and we will live our lives. I know we are going to find our way because I believe in you even if no one understands, I Believe in you and I really do not give a damn about being stigmatized.”

They looked into each other’s eyes, still in there embrace they touched lips and sealed there love with a kiss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment